Sunday 22 July 2012

Artist Of The Week - Anson Li

Anson Li
I first discovered Anson when he followed me on twitter, usually I am slightly skeptical about listening to random follows on twitter however I am very glad that I gave this one a chance. Anson is an American teen with a huge smile at all times and his influences are the likes of All Time Low and Mayday Parade however his original music has a fresh, pop vibe. He is another artist that 'wows' teenage girls all across Youtube with his covers of artists such as Maroon 5 and Allstar Weekend. Anson is not that well known yet but I love how he still connects with his fans on twitter and his passion for music means he is not going to give up until his songs are being listened to across the globe. My personal favourite song that he wrote himself is 'I Swear'. The track has a basic beat and the beginning reminds me of a slower 'I Like It Like That' by Hot Chelle Rae. I think sometimes less is more with a rhythm and if you're looking for a fun, easy-listening song this is perfect. Much to the annoyance of my family, I have been singing this song around the house all week as it got stuck in my head within minutes of listening to it on Youtube. Anson Li's own songs are available on itunes so check them out!

www.youtube.com/user/ansonofficial

No comments:

Post a Comment